Read More Information Here
Medical Research is proving to be showing some ground-breaking results, none more so than CBD Oil (Cannabis). More and more medical professionals are turning to this herb as part of their clinical trials and there is a lot to like. Human treatments have been around for some time with some amazing results and now it seems your dogs can also reap the same outstanding benefits, and in some cases – life saving. CBD Oils and Treats have been introduced slowly to dogs to help keep them calm or even relieve pain. CBD Oil for dogs are a revolutionary health breathrough that really help improve your dogs anxiety, mobility and pain issues.
Diamond CBD also offer a diverse selection of CBD products made specifically for your pets. These high quality CBD oils for dogs and CBD oils for cats are available for pets of all sizes.
CBD Products also come in treat form to help make it easier for your to give your dog the oils it needs.
CBD Oil for Dogs – 7 Facts You Need to Know Before Purchasing
1 Is CBD Oil a Psychoactive?
In short – NO. CBD also known as cannabidol is one of the compound ingredients that is also found in hemp or cannabis. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is a second element found in cannabis which is the main element for any psychoactive tendencies. CBD oils give all the same benefits of marijuana but without THC. This prevents your doggie / Human subjects becoming high. THC is the intoxicant which causes such effects. CBD oil gives you the relaxation required to help through any pains and ailments
Dogs, like humans, do suffer from stress and anxiety when in difficult / stressful situations. Also, noisy environments tend to increase anxiety too. CBD in humans has been found to reduce stress and anxiety and can really help your dog’s problems too. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Public Speaking and other stressful situations have been reduced by using CBD oil. CBD dog treats are a great way of ensuring your dog feels less anxious. Just like training, using treats will boost your dogs confidence.
3 Can CBD Fight Cancer?
It has always been rumoured that CBD can battle against cancerous tumours and cells. Tests have shown that CBD overall can fight and kill cancerous cells in the immune system. It can prevent cancer cells from growing ultimately by blocking the cancer cells energy production.
CBD also increases the effect of your normal cancer treatment due to the overall effectiveness that CBD provides. CBD is by no means a miracle cure to cancer, it is however a great preventative measure to help reduce the cells and growth of tumours.
Seizures in dogs can happen. Generally 5% of dogs do suffer from some kind of seizure. Dogs that regularly suffer from seizures are generally prescribed medication such as potassium bromide. Any medication that is prescribed can help control seizures, the ingredients can become harmful to your dog’s health especially the liver.
When testing CBD with sufferers of epilepsy, 88% of patients saw a massive improvement in epileptic seizures. Children who also took CBD over the same course of time saw a decline in the number of seizures they were having.
Chronic pains such as pancreatitis and nerve related pains have been treated using CBD, specifically due to the cannabinoids in the drug. Inflammation has also been known to reduce when using CBD which is a further benefit to reducing pain.
6 Reducing Inflammatory Bowel Disease
When testing CBD on Animals, test studies and results have shown that there has been a significant improvement in Colitis. It also helps to restore the natural movement in the gut and prevent inflammatory bowel disease.
7 Increase Your Dogs Appetite
CBD can help increase your pooch’s appetite. Getting your dog to eat can be a struggle especially if they are suffering from Cancer. CBD has been proven to help increase appetite as well as having a control over your dog’s tumours or cancer.
Further tests on animals has shown CBD will help reduce excess nausea which helps improve your dog’s health and keep weight on.
Is CBD Oil Safe For My Dog?
Many people have a fear of CBD. Studies and results have shown that the benefits far out way the detriments. Not only that but the biggest and most exciting of them all is that CBD is Safe. It can even be used over long periods of time at high dosage and still be safe. If your dog is currently on some form of medication then always check with your vet before treating with CBD.
Currently hemp based CBD oil is legal in all 50 states because it contains no THC. This makes the drug very safe and very legal to use on humans and dogs.
Overall, hemp based CBD oils can be an extremely healthy alternative to standard prescription drugs and in some cases lifesaving. Over the last 3 years, CBD oil has become more and more popular amongst humans and dog owners as a health benefit with reduced side-effects and a much longer list of benefits.
How Do I Choose the Best CBD Oil For My Dog?
Choosing the best CBD oil for your dog may seem simple, but there are several things you need to look for. Remembering that not all CBD oils are the same.
Let’s take a look at the main features you need to look out for when choosing CBD Oil…
- Organic: Make sure that your CBD oil is Organic. If your CBD is not organic then it will contain traces of fungicides and other pesticides and solvents.
- Price: Choosing the more expensive CBD oil definitely comes with the better quality and a better purity of CBD. Choosing a cheap CBD Oil comes with risk and less benefits. Furthermore, your CBD oil should always have a high amount of CBD, the higher the better. This will also be free of additives.
- Analyse: Check that the product has no THC, or at the least a very little amount. You can also ask the manufacturer for more information / analysis on the CBD product. The manufacturer can provide a certificate for you to show the detail analysis they have completed.
- Tinctures: Buying CBD comes in many different forms. For dogs it can be bought in treats which might be easier to feed to your dog. You can also buy a tincture which helps you drip feed your dog, either into its food / straight into its mouth. Tinctures are the most popular so you can choose how much or how little CBD oil to give your dog(s).
Once you start to use CBD oil you should slowly introduce your dog. If you make the decision to use CBD then remember that is YOUR choice. Many people will say it is not great to use this on your dogs but the research and tests state otherwise. All the results show full benefit of using CBD and tests are ongoing.
Considerations When Using CBD oil for Dogs
Using the correct dosage is one of the main considerations you should make when using CBD. Depending on what CBD product you use will depend on the dosage included. CBD comes in several forms, oil, capsules and Treats. We will provide information on the best CBD products in each of these categories later on in this article.
Dependent on the quality of the CBD product depends on whether you receive a free dosage chart. Furthermore, if you have a cat, the dosage will be different. As dogs is our speciality, this is where we will be making our own recommendations.
Your dog might need a reduced amount of CBD. This all depends on your dog’s medical condition.
Using the Correct Dosage
Depending on which product you purchase or the quality of the product, depends on how much CBD should be administered. The general dosage amount is around 2 drops approx. 4 times a day.
Within a CBD Capsule there is generally between 5 and 20 mg. If you have a larger dog with a more severe medical condition then you may need to use more than one capsule but general rule of thumb is 1 capsule approx. twice a day. Check with the manufacturer of the capsules on the strength before using.
CBD Dog Treats are also available and contain a large variance between treats of CBD. Each package comes with recommendations and instructions on how many treats should be given. Always follow these instructions to ensure that your dog is receiving the recommended dosage.
Each CBD product comes with detailed information regarding dosage and we will always recommend using manufacturers guidelines and instructions. You can then determine whether your dog’s condition is improving or whether you need to increase the strength or dosage. Generally, following the instructions will give you the recommended treatment for your dog.
Top 5 CBD Oils for Dogs
Our number one choice for Best CBD Oils for Dogs is the OLIG Hemp Oil Supplement Drops. These hemp oil drops are perfect for calming your pet down during loud noises such as thunder and fireworks. When dogs are in pain or an anxious situation a hug or a human interaction can sometimes be seen as a threat by your dog and change their behaviour. WIth the OLIG Supplements Hemp Oil, you dog will feel calmed and relaxed.
Lets take a look at some of the features and benefits of this amazing product;
- Natural Supplement – OLIG Supplements have ensured that the Hemp Oil is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids. It is made completely from 100% natural ingredients.
- Calming Effect – Helpes reduce any stress, anxiety and behavioural issues such as constant barking or aggressive behaviour.
- Healthy Skin and Coat – As dogs get older they can start to get stiff joints and struggle to walk or play. The formula in the OLIG Supplements Hemp Oil not only eases any pains and stiffness but improves the health of your dogs skin and coat. Making your dog look like a new revitalised dog again.
- Anti-Inflammatory – One of the best parts of this oil is the anti-inflammatory properties. Much better than any of the prescribed Joint Pain Supplements, the OLIG Supplements Hemp Oil relieves any joint paints in dogs and increases energy levels.
This product is extremely simple to use and require just 1 or 2 drops per day twice a day. Simply shake the bottle gently, place a dorp of the hemp oil directly in the mouth (increase to 2 drops if necessary), added the drops to the dog food if you find this easier. The oil has a nutty flavour too it which makes the taste much more delicious for your doggie.
Second we have the Pet Recovery Natural Health oil which comes completely free of THC. This solution is recommended by veterinarians and is suitable for both dogs and cats. It’s formulated with non-GMO ingredients, granting a safer alternative to chemical solutions. With its zero THC content, it safely enhances your pet’s brain functions without inducing adverse psychoactive reactions.
Lets take a further look at some of the overall features and benefits of the Pet Recovery Hemp Oil;
- Full Spectrum – Like the OLIG Supplements, the Pet Recovery Oil comes rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. It is also a saferalternative to your normal chemical substances due to having Zero THC.
- Organic and Natural Ingredients – Natural ingredients that are organically grown makes this product recommended by vets for cats and dogs.
- Improves Health – Pet Recovery Hemp Oil helps keep your dogs skin and coat healthy, eases any digestion problems your dog may have and also rapidly improves your dogs mobility by enhancing the flexibility of your dogs muscles and joints.
- Easy to Use – This easy to use product comes complete with a dropper that you can put directly into your dogs mouth or over the food.
Next up is the Royal Pets House Hemp Oil which is suitable for not just your dog but cats and other smalls animals like Rabbits and Guinea Pigs. Royal Pets House Hemp Oil is also suitable for Vegans as it is GMO Free.
Lets take a look at the key benefits and features of the Royal Pets House Hemp Oil for Dogs;
- Health Improvements – As with all CBD / HEMP Oils, Royal Pets House helps with many different problems within your dog. Anxiety, Pain, Joints, Mobility, Immune System, Loud Noises such as Thunder and Fireworks, Stress, SKin Irritations and many more. PLUS you get the added benefit of a nice shiny coat and healthy skin.
- Organic – Provides a 100% natural, organic, cold pressed oil to help naturally calm your dog. Seperation and travel fear PLUS aggression and constant barking are just some of the problems this product cures.
- Complete Extract – Produced from the highest quality hemp this oil is free from GMO, colours, pesticides or additives.
- Other Features – Vets have been providing this product due to the inclusion of all the essentials such as Omega 3, 6 and 9, Vitamins A and D and it also provides a natural calming effect to your dog.
Hemp is one of the most nutritionally natural food on earth, an amino- and vitamin-rich protein with whole spectrum extract, linolenic acid, stearic acid, fatty acid, linolenic acid. Free of any additives – only 100% natural hemp oil. Your pet deserves to enjoy a comfortable, happy life. Avoid the hassle of forcing pills down your companion with these easy-to-use liquid drops. Add to food, or use dropper oraly to help your pet live a long, healthy and active life. Complete with no side effects, why would you not use CBD Oils?
With the dropper the Oil is simple to administer. Just a quick shake of the bottle and then follow the instructions, whether its orally or in the foods.
- less then 2kg – 1 drop twice per day
- 5-20lb or 2.3-9kg – 2 drops twice per day
- 21-50lb or 9-23kg – 5 drops twice per day
- 50lb+ or 23kg+ – 7 drops twice per day
Serenity Hemp Oil is next on our list and another amazing CBD Oil for Dogs and Cats. Following the same pattern as our previous reviews, the Serenity Oil isa trusted product provide a whole host of health benefits for your dogs.
Lets take a look at what Serenity Hemp Oil has to offer;
- Healing Naturally – improves your pets skin and coat, helps with swelling, pain & stiffness allowing them to walk, run and be a pet again. Made from the best quality organic ingredients.
- USA Made – Completely safeguard by the highest manufacturing standards Serenity hemp oil is free of GMO, herbicides, pesticides and other chemicals.
- Vet Recommended – helps relieve stress, separation anxiety, travel issues, constant barking, natural aggressive behavior and fear of storms and anxiety related conditions. It also includes some of the highest anti-inflammotory properties for joint and pain relief.
Users of the Serenity Hemp Oil have noticed significant improvements in their dogs with some reporting that prior to using oil, their dog would have a terrible reaction to a thunderstorm but once using Serenity Oil they have already noticed a difference and safe to say that it worked. Others have reported that their dogs suffered from arthritis and a floating knee cap. Surgery was advised as the only option but after using serenity oil their dogs are now limp-free.
The hemp extract oil also includes MCT oil, which promotes healthy heart and organ function, improves the immune system, digestion and balances the hormone levels. This amazing combination will also help your pets’ skin be healthy and itch-free, and its coat shiny!
All the ingredients are Lab Tested, non GMO, and our hemp oil formula has been grown and Made with in Colorado, USA. 100% organic and full of all the essentials your dog needs Omega 3 & 6, Amino acids, Vitamins, Minerals, Nutrients
Simple to Use;
Drop hemp oil onto wet/dry food
Drop hemp oil drops directly into your pets mouth
Apply hemp oil to your pets favorite treat
Mix with tuna or chicken juice
Place in empty food bowl
Help recover your doggies health and great looks by using La Luna Pets CBD Oil now.
Now lets take a look at what CBD treats are available for your dog;
Top 4 CBD Treats for Dogs