Read More Information Here
Each and every pet parent will experience the unfortunate “dog-furniture-destruction” equation as a normal part of their life. This basically refers to the existence of a reverse relationship between the condition and life-cycle of your furniture vs the length of time you’ve owned a dog. Normally, this equation doesn’t leave homeowners happy at the end of the day seeing as the destruction will inadvertently cause financial and mental strain. This is why many dog owners turn to Waterproof Dog Furniture Covers to protect their furniture as well as additional comfort for the dog.
It is no secret that once you’ve welcomed a pet into your family, and that too a bubbly little puppy, you’re straddled on with tons of responsibility and even more fur. Keeping your house free of from fur and spotlessly clean is equivalent to mission impossible. Dogs are inherently playful creatures that will go outdoors and trackback mud and debris. They’re active and will, therefore, rustle around on furniture. During the summer they shed a ridiculous amount of fur, all of which adds up to a lot of mess for you to clean up.
But of course, you adore and cherish your pet companion and consider them part of the family. This is why you want to extend them the same luxuries you are privy to. One of the most common targets of these furry buddies are couches, which are an integral part of any household. These décor pieces are essentially where families gather together, where you can recline and laze around, and even entertain guests. Hence, you will want to keep this in the best condition possible. However, as we mentioned earlier, these tend to fall victim to the attention of most dogs and the wear and tear become highly unattractive.
The best solution to avoid a chaotic end is a Dog Furniture Cover that will resiliently stay in place. These lifesavers are protective sheets of fabric that slip over your couch and stick on to prevent any accidents and form a protective barrier between your couch and your dog. To help you navigate the countless products available, we’ve compiled a detailed guideline that provides a thorough analysis of the best couch cover for you.
Best Waterproof Dog Furniture Covers Buying Guide:
With the ever-expanding canine product industry, it can be seen very ruff trying to pinpoint just the right type of dog cover to buy. You will come across a variety of products that aren’t very long-lasting and as functional, which is why you need to take into consideration several factors before making the final purchase:
- Compatibility with room and décor: You need to choose a cover that matches the room and couch in your home, or else you won’t use it consistently and it will end up looking very odd.
- Size: This is a crucial element to look into, so before going out and buying your dog cover you will first need to measure the size of your sofa, chair or whatever furniture article, to determine what size you will have to buy. The wrong size will end up being a nuisance rather than alleviating your worries, as a bad fit will not be able to protect your furniture adequately.
- Cost: Your budget is the determinant that will dictate exactly what to buy, however, a little flexibility is recommended as the cheapest option is normally also the least useful. Waterproof designs and heavy-weight materials are generally more expensive than other options.
- Straps: Considering a dog couch cover with or without straps depends on your preference as most find them unattractive, but also on the material of your couch i.e. if it is made from a slippery material it will require additional grip.
- Durability: Material durability may seem an obvious thing to look out for, however, the reason it is an important consideration is that there’s a huge difference between the claws of a small dog or puppy vs a larger dog like a Great Dane. Although declawing is a viable solution, if want your dog to be able to join you on the couch and for the couch to withstand its sharp nails then you need the toughest material available.
- Color coordination: High-shedding breeds like Siberian husky’s shed a lot of their fur and it’ll be smart to buy a cover that matches with your dog’s fur to reduce the visibility of the shed fur.
- Machine washable: Avoid cheap and flimsy couch covers that cannot withstand being washed in a machine. This is an item that will definitely require frequent visits to the laundry room, so if it’s not going to be able to stay up to par you’ll just be wasting your money. Handwashing protective covers of this size is extremely difficult.
- Reversible covers: These are backup options that offer double the value in the form of two different colour and pattern options in case one side becomes irreversibly damaged.
- Fabric type: At the end of the day both you and your pup will want a comfortable couch to plop down on. So try to find water resistant, waterproof stain resistant, odour resistant and machine washable fabrics.
- Material: The best materials for couch covers include leather, suede, microfiber, denim, nylon, and polyester. These are normally more comfortable and will last much longer. Synthetic fabrics resist stains and fading better and tend to be more durable than natural fibres like cotton, silk, wool, etc.
If you’re in search for a dog couch cover that isn’t too expensive but gets the job done, then look no further than the Easy-Going Sofa Slipcover. This household brand has been delivering high-quality and environment-friendly household products for over ten years, aiming to make our homes as comfortable as possible
This clever article is available in 6 versions for chairs, futons, sofas, recliners, love seats and oversized sofas. You won’t fall prey to an interior design error as these covers are sold in a diverse array of colours allowing you to pick and choose as you please. Moreover, it’s aesthetic appeal is enhanced by the elegant quilted texture, tick microfiber and colourfast.
Crafted from a 100% polyester material, not only is it velvet smooth to sit on top of, it effectively prevents any damage your canine companion will attempt to inflict on it and keep it clean for a long period of time. To assist in the installation process they’ve included elastic straps that are quite long over the arm to allow the fabric to be tighter. You can easily tuck in the two anti-slip foams into the sofa grooves to make sure it doesn’t shift around.
You don’t even have to put in a lot of effort to maintain this product as it is machine washable, so all you have to do is throw it into the machine with a temperature of around 30C of cold water, with a mild laundry detergent, at a gentle cycle and it’ll be brand new in no time.
Reportedly shrinks in the wash.
Mambe, located in the Pacific Southwest, has established itself as a highly reputable brand that puts the time and effort into satisfying its customer base. They pride themselves in putting out furniture covers that are very cosy and inviting. These micro-fleece blankets have a 100% waterproof internal membrane, meaning your bathroom accidents by your furry friends, children or even spills by you are no challenge. Crafted from 90% Polyester and 10% Nylon, you and your pet are guaranteed to sink into a bundle of comfort.
These can be acquired for a number of furniture articles including King or Queen sized beds, Sofas, Recliner throws and Twin/Love-seat. The best part is that there’s no sacrifice when it comes to its physical look. Additionally, this fully reversible article is the lifesaver you need when one side becomes too unsightly, all you will need to do is flip it over and any discrepancy will be covered up. It is available in 4 sizes and all of these are machine washable in warm water and dried on medium.
Comparatively quite expensive.
If your aim is to minimise messiness and damage to your furniture at a relatively economical and low-cost price then the H.VERSAILTEX Furniture Protector is a valuable item for you. You can add this beautifully retouching element to your interior design layout, whilst also gaining an extra shield of protection.
Carefully engineered to cater to pet and pet owner needs, they’ve constructed a protector that comprises of soft quilted microfiber 100% waterproof. You will no longer have to be wary of stains, spills, pet fur or any other messy accidents as it can bear quite a lot. Available in 7 different versions and 5 different colours, the manufactures made sure to take into account the desire of homeowners to have multiple options to choose from.
This deluxe piece is forged from silicon rubber anti slip backing making sure that the cover doesn’t mis-align itself and is a more reliable tool than mainstream straps. Furthermore, this premium quilted cover is made from 5 multi layers of fabric that are chemical free and entirely eco-friendly.
30-day money back guarantee and 5-year warranty.
Difficult to keep in place.
Perfectly marrying luxury with comfort, Turquoise is a brand that has invested heavily to produce their Waterproof Dog Couch Cover. They’ve been made to serve 6 different sizes with 4 different colours of brown, grey, taupe and stone blue. It provides high utility value by guarding against a myriad of unpleasant occurrences ranging from rowdy pets and children, spills and stains from family members and guests and everyday accumulation of dirt and dust.
It comes highly recommended for fabric and leather sofa furniture because of its long lasting strength, high durability, and visibly attractive craftsmanship. This quilt slipcover has been specifically manufactured with innovative technology that surpasses everyday straps. It has silicon rubber puppy paw print backing which will secure it firmly onto whatever platform you want, without the fear of it slipping due to your pet.
To keep up with the busy schedules of their customers, they’ve made their product completely machine-friendly, in cold water on a gentle cycle.
Produces crunching noise when sat upon.
Ameritex Sofa Cover is a useful purchase that comes jam-packed with a lot of features tailored specifically to your furnishing demands. The upholstery material has been sourced out of Polyester and is able to accommodate 6 different sizes, whilst you can choose happily from an abundance of colour options. You’re basically getting a double deal with its physical appeal and fully functional use.
Making sure to pay attention to detail, this cover slip contains more highlights to strongly fix it in place. It does so via a silicon rubber puppy paw design that is compatible with every kind of furniture you can think of. Making sure to leave no stone un-turned, they’ve incorporated 5 multi-layers of fabric with a sanitised protective finish. Odours are easily prevented to maintain a fresh fragrance.
Unlike mainstream competing products, they’ve included two additional storage pockets for you to slip in any item you want to. The soil and snag-resistant covers are very easy to maintain because they are machine washable. The mark of a good cover is its ability to be 100% waterproof, and Ameritex doesn’t disappoint with its unique fabric and high-tech components that fight diligently against spills and
Thin material used for the product.
Why use a Waterproof Dog Furniture Cover?
A Waterproof Dog Furniture Cover is an essential investment that most clever owners will make as it is a proactive asset. More often than not you will parent a four-legged family member that will portray destructive behaviours, or just has too much energy in general.
There are infinite reasons as to why you need a Waterproof Dog Furniture Cover ranging from the avoidance of claw scratches, fur, unintentional urination or defecation accidents, etc. This inexpensive mechanism will save you a lot of money, time and effort as they can easily be removed and washed. You won’t need to hire a professional cleaning service, you won’t need to have the whole couch sent in for a cleaning and you definitely won’t need to replace it any time soon. Apart from the fact that they can also be used to enhance aesthetic appeal due to being designed in a visually pleasing manner, they offer practical benefits:
- Maintains hygiene: Sofas and couches are frequently visited and touched by every member of the family making it crucial that they be free of dog drool, muddy residue and debris from outdoors that can carry potentially hazardous germs and bacteria, bits and pieces of food crumbs sneaking into the nooks and crevices of the couch, and the fabric should not be contaminated with dog pee. Couch covers will form a defensive barricade against all these problems.
- Prevents scratch marks: For those who own couches fashioned from leather or any other scratch-able material, a couch cover will prevent any erosion.
- Training tool: You will often observe your dog playing roughly with, nibbling at or straight up ripping sections of the couch out of boredom or due to lack of stimulation. Couch covers can be an instrument that will condition your dogs into being discouraged from chewing on any sofa part.
- Fur-protection: One of the most common complaints dog owners have is the massive amount of hair their pets shed and eventually destroy the visual beauty of your couch as the fur sticks. Removable couch covers mean the fur sticks to the cover and can be disposed of without the actual couch being affected at all.
- Convenience: Instead of having to vacuum and Febreze your couch over and over again to keep hair and odour at bay, a couch cover slips off and on with little labour required.
Ultimately, sofas are among the most valuable investments in your living spaces. A waterproof sofa cover is an amazing way to keep your sofa completely protected whilst at the same time you can upgrade their overall look. If you are afraid of your sofas getting ravaged by pets or being stained by food and spillage, or just being susceptible to inevitable wear down then a sofa protector is a perfect way to extend their lifetime and usability.
Most pet caretakers are well aware of the fact that their dogs will have accidents from time to time and will end up leaving a wet trail somewhere for you to deal with. It makes it very challenging for you when they do it on furniture as, the bed and rugs must be cleaned, but doing so requires a lot of exertion. Now, you don’t have to worry anymore about constantly cleaning up after your adored buddy, because the waterproof pet furniture covers are easily available and come to your rescue. They come with wonderful features that will boost the lifespan of your sofas and save you extra costs in the long run.
A value-for-money couch cover will not only be comfortable and able to tolerate day-to-day usage, but it should also save you a colossal amount of time and money by acting as an easy-to-maintain safeguard. No matter which one you pick, always look for material that is heavy-duty yet soft and properly measure your couch before ordering to guarantee the snuggest fit.
The 5 products we’ve reviewed above have proven their worth when it comes to product durability, quality, and usefulness. So if you ever need a consultation, browse through the above options.
Washing Tip: As the washing cycle is finished ensure to use 2 spin cycles. Doing that will help in eliminating extra water, before putting it in the dryer on the low heat option.