If your dog shows any sign of lethargy during the dog walks, reluctance to fetch or play, or showing signs of discomfort then it’s time to turn towards the Lintbells Dog Supplements. They are the perfect supplement with an adequate proportion of essential nutrients and vitamins for your lagging dog. If used properly they can add a few more years to their life
In the 21st century, we have an entire canine industry, tailored to cater to the specific needs of our darling dogs. As pet parents, we are constantly searching browsing around for products that will enrich the lives of our pets by complementing their health and well-being. The health benefits you can reap from Lintbells Dog Supplements are infinite and if used cautiously and adequately can add multiple more healthy and love-filled years of life for your dog.
One of the biggest up-and-coming supplements on the market is CBD. With so many positive results it’s hard to see why so many countries haven’t followed the US in legalizing Cannabis Oils.
If you are observing changes like your dog lagging behind on walks, or them showing reluctance to walk or play, displaying hints of discomfort, sleeping more, or if they seem stiff in general then you are in dire need of Lintbells Dog Supplements.
With an increase in reported dog conditions nowadays due to them suffering from the consequences of a poor diet or generic old age, we’ve seen a massive increase in the incidence of dog allergies, obesity, joint ailments, skin issues, etc. All of these are a testament to the dire need for us to provide them with satisfactory nutrient-filled products because as their custodians, they rely solely upon us to care for them, provide an appropriate nutritional diet, and a well-balanced meal brimming with suitable nourishment.
When Does Your Dog Need A Supplement?
Table of Contents
Lintbells Dog supplements are valuable assets to maintain a healthy and happy standard of living for your furry friend. With adequate supplementation, you will notice a visible improvement in their condition. However, there are certain instances that definitely require the inclusion of supplemental aid:
- If your pet has been diagnosed with vitamin or mineral deficiency or a disease that can easily be treated with supplemental assistance, then consider adding these to their diet. This basically means your dog is lacking vital ingredients that can easily be remedied to prevent long-term deterioration in health. Zinc, for example, is known to remedy dermatosis.
- Your dog is experiencing joint discomfort this is probably a result of physical exertion, old age, or a genetic imbalance. You should consult a veterinarian for supporting joint health.
- If a veterinarian or veterinarian nutritionist recommends it then it means they’ve diagnosed and made calculations that are not common knowledge for pet owners. These will help to fill the gaps you unconsciously are overlooking.
- You notice abnormalities in skin colouration, fur quality, and quantity, irregular energy levels, deviations in appetite, etc.
What Are The Different Types of Dog Supplements You Should Be Aware Of?
The functional aspects of vitamins, minerals, and supplements aren’t very different from those consumed by human beings. They are primarily manufactured to facilitate physiological processes on a daily basis by regulating muscle growth, digestion, cell repair, etc.
Although not required in large doses, the absence of a particular vitamin can lead to serious deficiencies that inadvertently result in debilitating health problems that may be long-lasting or even deadly.
There are countless supplementary materials that exist, however, the most commonly required include glucosamine with chondroitin and MSM, Omega 3, Fatty acids from fish oils, probiotics, calcium, etc.
What Are The Benefits of Supplements?
As disheartening as this may be to hear, a majority of commercially packaged pet foods are lacking essential nutrients that play a critical role in your canine’s overall quality of life. If your precious pooch falls victim to digestive or nutritional imbalances they manifest harsh symptoms like nausea, diarrhoea, cramps, etc. In order to create an equilibrium in their internal system and overcome such deficiencies, it might be necessary to discover proper supplementation.
The advantages of supplements are profound and range from assisting in heart, eyes, kidney, liver, and brain functions. This is basically because they are loaded with antioxidants and minerals that will intensely boost skin, coat, and overall health as well. Moreover, they are a proactive solution that may lessen the signs of diseases like arthritis by targeting and preventing their onset.
- Increases energy levels:
Many pet owners will notice small indicators that point to a gradual loss of energy in their pets, and this may be because of sickness or even aging. Either way, supplements are jam-packed with ingredients that’ll stabilize these affected vitality levels. Elderly dogs, in particular, will appreciate vitamin, iron, and protein supplements. Almost every vitamin and supplement available in the market are designed to correct cognitive dysfunction, alleviate suffering, and combat dementia.
- Strengthened Immune System:
If you want to ward off common pet diseases, supplements are the answer as they promote a strong immune system. With the provision of appropriate supplementation, you can ignite your pet’s immune system against chronic illnesses. Products that include Glucosamine and Chondroitin are widely approved in the canine industry for use.
- Drastically improve overall health:
Potent dog supplements are able to combine numerous functions and deliver countless benefits to your pet. For example, if you get a supplement that includes omega 3 fatty acids, similar to those found in fish oil, these will deliver strong anti-inflammatory effects, whilst also providing strong support in the functioning of multiple organs within the body.
- Improve the quality of life:
It is obvious that when your pup is in agony they will display aggressive or upsetting behaviours of frustration and agitation. They may act lethargic, refuse to eat, and their overall social and emotional well-being may take a nosedive in the wrong direction. These social animals require supplements to eradicate pain in their bodies so that they may abide by their true nature.
- Strengthens owner-dog relationship:
When your dog notices the great pains you are going to provide them with the perfect life possible, they reciprocate in kind with tenacious dedication, loyalty, commitment, and undying love. This also reinforces positive canine behaviours as they become easier to train when they aren’t annoyed, drained of energy, or in excruciating pain.
What Are The Aspects To Be Followed While Considering Dog Supplements?
The huge portfolio of supplement themed products available online, in retail stores and in grocery stores make it quite confusing when it boils down to buying the right supplement. You need to be a little informed when it comes to making this decision in order to pick the right product. Not only should you be aware of your dog’s physical needs and allergies, but you also need to be aware of the correct chemical samples you are going to look into.
We’re going to try to clarify a few concepts so that your next trip to the store won’t be too overwhelming:
When it comes to basic manufacturing most pet companies will use a standardised extraction process. This process is utilised to entirely extract active ingredients from within the core of herbs, whilst also processing important vitamins from plants, roots and other resource materials. To conduct this process, however, the company will need to make use of harsh chemicals in order to exhaust the complete extraction of each and every ingredient from the primary source. Therefore, residual harmful chemicals make their way into embedding themselves within so-called natural supplements.
If you’re very particular about opting for organic products then we recommend that you look for organisations that make use of the full spectrum method of extraction. The reason we recommend this is because no chemicals are used in this process, thereby eliminating any possible health risks that can be derived from the end-product. Furthermore, it would be beneficial to acquire a product that has been manufactured in good manufacturing practice (GMP) compliant facility. Finally, check if the FDA has approved your desired product.
You want to search for the product that gives you the greatest bang for your buck, and to do so you need to check out the quality of the ingredients included in the product description. A lot of the dog supplements out there are loaded with chemicals, preservatives, gluten, additives, colouring agents, gluten and other harmful substances that are obviously not good for your dog. You’ll want to avoid these ingredients as much as you possibly can.
The most suitable way to ignore such dangerous materials is to widen your search radar to include organic products that are inherently free from synthetic chemicals and artificial constituents that could prove detrimental. Normally herb supplements are a safe option and effective as they contain potent elements that assist and strengthen the immune system, power up vital organs and prevent the contraction of numerous illnesses.
What Are The Types of Supplements?
After understanding the prerequisites it’s time to consider how and in what form you are going to provide your dog’s required supplements. These are predominantly available in 3 basic forms and may vary depending on the dog’s consumption preference, tolerance levels, veterinary recommendation, and personal buying preference:
- Liquids: Caretakers normally opt for this supplementation delivery method. This is because these are highly effective due to active ingredients being easily absorbed by the intestinal tract. You are free to decide whether you want to hide it in their food if your dog is more prone to selective eating or give it as a whole if you are able to do so. Liquid medicine syringes or medicine droppers can also be used.
- Tablets: Although just as effective with results, this form of supplementation tends to be trickier when it comes to trying to get your pet to take it. It requires the owner to physically push the table all the way to the back of the dog’s throat to completely bypass the gag reflex in order to avoid regurgitation. Most of the time tablet preparations come with binders in order to compress the active ingredients and prevent the chances of coming loose, but these may impact the number of absorbable ingredients.
- Powders: you can mix these with food, and dissolve them in liquids, but either way this is one of the most effortless options to select.
- Dog Chews: Understanding the woes and complications of delivery methods, manufacturers have cleverly introduced doggie treats that are more palatable and yet allow you to covertly make your pet take their daily supplementation without any hassle.
9 Effective Lintbells Dog Supplements For Your Pet
Most of the joint supplements for dogs include at least three ingredients. Your dog may need a joint supplement after you have consulted with the vet. The main reasons may be due to cartilage replacement or joint inflammation that may be causing your dog excruciating pain.
The reason these work so well is that a large majority have been extensively reviewed and tested to guarantee bodily improvement. Furthermore, these supplements may include glucosamine, chondroitin, placebo, and MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane).
It’s essential to remember that not even the perfect supplement will help completely cure the pain. They work in a more subtle mechanism I.e. it relieves the pain from any joint damage or inflammation and thus, help the dog is making a quick recovery. You see, the supplement helps maintain and regulate the internal lubricant which helps in turning the joint. As a result, it vastly improves the healing process.
Finally, the main focus of a joint supplement is to relieve any pain or suppress it. Hence, you’ll find that your dog has recovered quickly and can perform various physical activities with relative ease. This is a win-win situation as dogs do not undertake sufficient tasks and activities end up with even worse ailments that may lead to a fatal combination you do not want to deal with.
Despite what you may think, joint pain isn’t just limited to being caused by a single accident it can be caused due to one of several reasons. The list of reasons includes old age, birth defect, excessive physical activities/athletic, accidental injury, poor diet, etc
We have reviewed the ten most suitable supplements for dogs on the basis of how effective they are. The usefulness, pricing, customer reviews and overall impact on real dogs. You can learn about the perfect supplement for dogs in the section below:
Dedicated to providing more wiggle to the wag of stiff, older and other dogs, Lintbells is a UK-based provider of natural supplements like the YuMove Dog Joint Supplement since 2006. It boasts a premium natural formula that ignites a significant difference in the joint health of your furry companion. They incorporate a triple-action joint aid to soothe stiffness, promote mobility and sustain long-lasting joint health.
It has been credibly proven to show visible results in a mere span of just 6 weeks, and they dedicate this outcome to cold-extracted ActivEase Green Lipped Mussel and Glucosamine HCL, for dogs. Other ingredients include Manganese, Hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C and E and liver flavouring. Hyaluronic Acid has proven to reach the joints within 2 hours and helps to lubricate and cushion affected joints to provide relief.
Available in 60, 120 and 300 tablet product versions, these tablets are manufactured for dogs aged 7 and above. For dogs that have never taken a supplement before, they recommend doubling the recommended amount for 4-6 weeks.
- Concentrated source of Omega 3 soothes stiff joints and maintains comfort in joints; 4 times more than other product versions.
- Vitamins E and C neutralise free radicals.
- Natural chondroitin sulphate maintains joint and cartilage health for longer periods.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Supported by research from Royal Veterinary College.
- All-natural ingredients with reduced toxicity risks.
- Detailed feeding guide provided.
- Increased energy levels.
- Added vitamins aid absorption.
- It can be easily mixed into food and breaks down easily.
- Dogs enjoy the taste and readily eat.
- A bit expensive.
- It doesn’t last very long for larger breeds.
Based near Hitchin, Hertfordshire, they pioneered the beginning of their journey with the original YuMega Dog Skin and Coat Supplement, which kindled them to become a leading expert in the pet industry. They’ve perfected, developed and produced high-quality pet supplements that are guaranteed to work. This proven formula is a result of the genius of animal-loving, animal nutrition specialists and vet advisors.
Available in a 250ml and 500ml version, they mix in ingredients like natural essential Omega 3 and 6 oils, Golden Flax, Starflower and Vitamin E. This effective formula has shown promising results within a span of 4-6 weeks and treats the development of thin or balding patches, dry and flaky skin, and lackluster coat conditions.
- Budget-friendly pricing.
- Ideal for moulting dogs as it reduces excess moulting.
- Improves dry skin.
- Supports and strengthens hair follicles.
- Reduced shedding.
- Omega 6 from Borage aids the skin renewal process.
- Omega oil, Linoleic acid maintain a natural, internal moisture barrier.
- Boosts coat growth and condition.
- Organic sourcing of raw materials from plant sources.
- No chemical extraction or refinement process was employed.
- Detailed feeding guidelines were provided.
- Easy to administer.
- Customer feedback reported rapid results.
- Minimal side-effects.
- Some dogs may fart a lot after ingesting this.
Just like human beings, we will see variations in the response and sensitivity levels of certain dog breeds. To cater to the particular needs of dogs with itchy or sensitive skin Lintbells Dog Supplements has engineered an appropriate recipe in the form of YuMEGA Itchy Dog Supplement.
This superior-quality supplement is overflowing with favourable and accurately blended Omega 3 and 6 oils to kill that itch. Furthermore, these exceptional cold-pressed oils come highly recommended by veterinarians to treat excessive cases of itching and calm down hypersensitive skin issues.
These can be acquired in either the 250ml or 500ml variety and come loaded with advantageous ingredients like Fish oil, Golden Flax, Salmon Oil, Starflower and Vitamin E. During the introductory phase, it is recommended that only half the suggested dosage be delivered and to increase this in gradual increments.
- Affordable item.
- Results in 3 – 6 weeks.
- High approval rating with breeders and veterinarians.
- High levels of Omega 3 oils from Golden
- Flax seed support and strengthen hair follicles.
- Reducing moulting.
- Omega 6 prevents skin irritants, nourishing soft and supple skin.
- Natural Vitamin E supports skin defence.
- 100% Salmon oil sourced from Norway.
- The faecal matter reportedly worsened.
Although you wouldn’t expect it from youthful, vital young pups, they can also fall prey to unfortunate circumstances. This may range from elongated periods of recovery to suffering from growing pains, strain from too much activity or if they’re just prone to accidents. YuMOVE Young and Active is an asset you must have in your arsenal to promote canine buddies’ happiness and comfort.
YuMove is chock full of active ingredients including the extraordinary ActivEase Green Lipped Mussel and pure Glucosamine for dogs. The perfect part is that they tick all the right boxes when it comes to safety and quality so you get your money’s worth every time.
It mainly looks after active and growing joints making it perfect for your adorable new puppies, younger more hyperactive adults and athletic pets. Since it’s been crafted for a younger target market, they’ve loaded them up with beneficial antioxidants that’ll help your puppy recoup after a vigorous exercise session and maintain peak physical health levels.
You may get these in either the 60 or 240 tablet options. Included within these pills are Hyaluronic acid, Green Lipped mussels containing natural Chondroitin, Vitamin E and C, Natural antioxidants, Manganese, Glucosamine HCL, and N-acetyl-glucosamine. A loading-time period is advised for new users as it will replace lost reserves and trigger improved mobility and relief levels. It is made for dogs aged 6 and under.
- Supports active joints.
- The formula is directed at agility and growth.
- Encourages joint development.
- Promotes enhanced mobility.
- Post-exercise recovery solution.
- Triple-fold effect on stiffness alleviation, long-term joint health, and mobility sustainability.
- Quick results in 4-6 weeks.
- Approved by Royal Veterinary College.
- 4x more Omega 3 than standard versions.
- Easy to slip into dog food, taste preferred by dogs.
- Size is good to ingest easily.
- If you don’t double the initial dose, then treatment showed results after a long period.
- Some dogs showed an aversion to the smell.
There’s nothing more troublesome than digestive issues bringing your pooch down. Digestive supplements like you digest Dog Digestive Health Supplements are particularly beneficial for older pets and those who have succumbed to acute health conditions that inhibit the production of sufficient required enzymes needed to break down food effectively. It works by introducing good bacteria against bad bacteria for nutrients and block points where pathogens attempt to attach themselves.
It combines a profoundly strong and complex concoction comprising of prebiotics and probiotic bacteria. These complementary substances are specifically developed to actively support canine digestive health. It does so by imbuing the tablets with Beta Glucans, Enterococcus faecium E1707, Mannan-oligosaccharides, and Fructo-oligosaccharides. These ingredients are aimed at sensitive stomachs to increase good bacteria.
- BioActiv Supplements augment bacteria levels naturally.
- Easy, portable and convenient to administer.
- Picky eaters will also eat.
- Can even grind and add to food without damage to nutritional composition.
- 200 million probiotic Enterococcus faecium bacteria/tablets maintain healthy levels of bacteria.
- MOS, scFOS and Beta Glucans block harmful bacteria.
- Establishes a healthy gut environment.
- Keeps dog stool firm.
- Flatulence reduction.
- Results in a day or two.
In the duration of a pet parents experience, you might be saddened to see your adored dog acting restless, hiding, quivering or panting even when the weather is fine, tucking their tails and ears flat against their heads, assuming defensive positions, damaging the house, peeing or pooping unnaturally or barking and acting very aggressive. There can be infinite reasons why they may feel the need to act this way, however, one common solution known to be impressively successful is the YuCALM Natural Calming supplement for dogs showing symptoms of stress and nervousness.
Once you’ve identified your dog’s body language and conclude they are anxious, it’s time to purchase either the 30, 60 or 120 tablet package. These tablets contain lemon balm, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B9, L-Theanine and fish protein hydrolysate.
- Lightweight and portable, so that if your dog has a panic attack in the park or anywhere, you’ll be prepared.
- Lemon Balm works on GABA levels to promote feelings of relaxation.
- Encourages a host of calm behaviours.
- L-Theanine comprises natural soothing properties.
- Supports production of serotonin i.e. calming compound.
- Supports production of dopamine i.e. maintains happy hormone levels.
- B vitamins complement healthy brain and nerve functioning.
- Reduces excitability.
- Improves concentration.
- Fish protein hydrolysate direct calming signals to the right spots.
- All-natural product.
- No sedative properties.
Regulating your furry buddy’s digestion levels may seem to be a difficult task. This is especially problematic when it comes to sensitivity levels that affect their ability to eat and function properly. Lintbells has crafted the YuDIGEST Plus as a gentle but potent and organic mechanism to facilitate effective processes. Unlike other products on the list, this is available in aschets forms of 6, 30 and 60 packets.
It comes packed with Beta Glucans, Threonine, Linseed Meal, Montmorillonite, Enterococcus faecium E1707 and fructooligosaccharides, each of ways plays an important role in the bigger picture.
- Vet-strength probiotics that yield the perfect dog results
- A special mixture of 3 different scientifically-backed probiotics.
- Montmorillonite is a special clay binding toxin for safe passage through the digestion panel.
- 1 billion probiotic bacteria per sachet.
- Support for intestinal barriers.
- Thernoine a vital amino acid strengthens the protective gut lining
- Linseed meal is an organic source of fibre-rich lignans and antioxidants.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Cheaper alternative to similar drugs and medication.
- None. All customer reviews reported positive outcomes
The most obvious indicator of a healthy and robust dog, brimming with vitality and life is its unparalleled mobility and non-stop adrenaline. If you’ve begun to notice that your dearly loved pet has begun to slow down and you want to maximise their energy levels then YuMOVE is an ideal choice.
Working dogs normally undergo more physical strain and have season-long requirements that may result in the wear and tear of joints, excessive exhaustion, possible burnouts, etc. Owing to their demanding lifestyle they require an equally nutritious booster that’ll fulfil all their demands in one fell sweep.
YuMOVE is a multitasking supplement that will not only take care of supporting joint health and mobility but will simultaneously work on enhancing digestive processes, giving you the most value for your investment. When the internal processes are at such stable levels, this directly affects the stamina of your dog.
This unique formula has a quadruple fold effect making it quite the catch. Similar to others on the list it too holds ActivEase Green Lipped Mussels and pure Glucosamine. The major difference lies in the inclusion of the digestive aid chemical Beta Gluten. You’ll have to double up on the dosage for pups that are taking this for the first time. This double-up is only for the first 4-6 weeks.
Equivalent to an energy drink, this adrenaline booster includes Glucosamine HCL, vitamin C, Vitamin E, Manganese, Beta Glucan, Green Lipped Mussel teeming with helpful Chondroitin and Hyaluronic acid.
- Green mussels sourced from New Zealand contains a conaprstigely 4x higher concentration of Omega 3.
- Relaxes right and a stiff joints
- One tub of 480 tablets makes it an economic choice.
- Works within 6 weeks.
- Detailed feeding guidelines were provided.
- Bursting with additional minerals compared to normal versions.
- Elevates stamina and endurance reservoirs.
- Beta-Glucans optimise a fully operating digestive system.
- Antioxidants from Vitamin C and E neutralise free radicals to create a state of equilibrium in joint mobility.
- Synovial fluid component Hyaluronic acid supplied. Lubricates and cushions joints are exposed to a lot of work.
- ActiveEase Green Lipped Mussel induces a tranquil state in the joints.
- Glucosamine is the foundation for cartilage repair, sustenance, and performance.
- Collagen formation in ligaments, tendons, and cartilage is encouraged by Manganese.
- Extremely expensive.
- Not guaranteed to work with all dog breeds.
Lintbells is dedicated to providing its customers with products that provide ease of use, and the YuMOVE chewies are such an innovative example. Their design helps dogs that seem to display signs of physical strain and for senior dogs that need a little push to get back their youthful vitality.
This premium, naturally manufactured, edible formula works in 3 ways I.e. nourishing joints, stimulating active movement and remedying tightness in canine bodies. It includes Green Lipped Mussel, Vitamin C, Manganese Sulphate, Vitamin E, Glucosamine corn extract and Hyaluronic acid. You can buy them in either a pack of 30 or 90.
- The easiest form of supplementation to administer.
- Pack of 90 chews lasts 3 months.
- Hassle-free digestion.
- Approved by Royal Veterinary College.
- Customers complained that the size of the product doesn’t justify the price.
- Some dogs reportedly got sick after consuming it.
- Squishy texture.
- Most pet owners prefer tablet versions of these.
At the end of the day, our most important piece of advice is to begin by seeking professional advice by consulting a veterinarian, or dietary nutritionist to attain a holistic and secure perspective. The market has been flooded by a kaleidoscope of vitamins, minerals, and supplements making it difficult for pet owners to make a decision they are comfortable with. Only a handful of these genuinely prevent, alleviate and fix problems that your dear dog may suffer from.
There are a few factors to take into consideration when making your final purchase. This means you need to check your joint supplements for their safety certifications, quality of ingredients and consumer feedback. The two most popular 3rd party certifications that can give you some peace of mind are the Consumer Labs and National Animal Supplement Council (NASC). They are solely present to gauge the quality and safety of the supplements.
Look for brands that have commissioned clinical studies of their products similar to the ones we have reviewed above. Even then you cannot overlook the crucial element of reading and understanding the labels on the packages. To make sure that the company you’ve selected uses quality control checks you will have to search for a lot number on the product. Always opt for brands that have confirmed expertise in the canine industry.
You may want a quick fix, but objectively you need to be realistic. So, be wary of claims that sound “too good to be true.” Vitamins, minerals, and supplements are not cure-alls or medications miracles that’ll produce fabulous results overnight. This is misleading and a sign of fraudulent products.
As a devoted caregiver, you must take every precaution, and that means taking out the time to read the information label attached to the product. There are a few dangerous raw ingredients that you should avoid which include
Glycerin as there’s the potential for methanol contamination, garlic is a well-known toxic substance for animals that may damage red blood cells and if not addressed lead to anaemia, wheat and corn are unnatural additives to animal diets, TBHQ is a non-animal-friendly preservative and Sodium benzoate synthetic preservative can convert into cancer-causing benzene chemical. As long as you steer clear of these major red flags, you should be on the safe side.
Your Lintbells dog supplements will also only work if you are meticulously attentive to every aspect of your dog’s life. This means you must invest in their joint health by looking over their weight management through daily exercise and portion control, establishing a healthy and nutritious diet, comfortable cushioning for sleeping and resting can minimise pain from joint issues and finally be as proactive as possible. If our pup has a pre-inclination towards joint issues, digestive issues, skin and weight concerns, and any other stresses or anxieties, then start feeding them these supplements beforehand to prevent the onset.
Before using Lintbells dog supplements for your dog, always consult with your vet. This is because self-prescribed medicines may end up harming your dog. In fact, your dog may be a victim of a condition that needs immediate attention. Also, if your dog already consumes some other medicine, then these supplements may negatively interact with one another causing him harm.
Finally, do not overlook the age, breed, build, weight and mode of consumption of your dog. These factors all ascertain the most appropriate type of supplement. Never give them human supplements. Instead, opt for the approved list of Lintbells dog supplements that we’ve provided you with after extensive research and consideration. Fill up your stocks to make sure your man’s closest friend remains invigorated, healthy, joyful and alive for many years to come.