You can’t say no to those puppy eyes when begging for a place on your cosy couch or bed. To fight against ‘dog furniture destruction’, there is no better item than waterproof dog furniture covers. They are not only waterproof but also are easily washable in machines.
Check out this article and decide which furniture cover matches your home décor.
Every pet parent will experience the unfortunate “dog furniture destruction” equation as a regular part of their life. This refers to the existence of a reverse relationship between the condition and life-cycle of your furniture vs the length of time you’ve owned a dog. Usually, this equation doesn’t leave homeowners happy at the end of the day, seeing as the destruction will inadvertently cause financial and mental strain. Many dog owners turn to Waterproof Dog Furniture Covers to protect their furniture and provide additional comfort for the dog.
It is no secret that once you’ve welcomed a pet into your family, and that too a bubbly little puppy, you’re straddled on with tons of responsibility and even more fur. Keeping your house free of fur and spotlessly clean is equivalent to mission impossible. Dogs are inherently playful creatures that will go outdoors and trackback mud and debris. They’re active and will, therefore, rustle around on furniture. During the summer, they shed a ridiculous amount of fur, which adds up to a lot of mess for you to clean up.
But of course, you adore and cherish your pet companion and consider them part of the family. You want to extend them the same luxuries you are privy to. One of the most common targets of these furry buddies are couches, which are an integral part of any household. These décor pieces are essentially where families gather together, where you can recline and laze around, and even entertain guests. Hence, you will want to keep this in the best condition possible. However, as we mentioned earlier, these tend to fall victim to the attention of most dogs, and the wear and tear become highly unattractive.
The best solution to avoid a chaotic end is a dog furniture protector that will resiliently stay in place. These lifesavers are protective sheets of fabric that slip over your couch and stick on to prevent any accidents and form a protective barrier between your couch and your dog. To help you navigate the countless products available, we’ve compiled a detailed guideline that thoroughly analyses the best couch cover for you.
- 1 Recommended Waterproof Dog Furniture Covers
- 2 Why use a Waterproof Dog FurnCiture Cover?
- 3 Best Waterproof Dog Furniture Covers Buying Guide
- 4 Final Words
Recommended Waterproof Dog Furniture Covers
If you’re searching for a dog couch cover that isn’t too expensive but gets the job done, look no further than the Easy-Going Sofa Slipcover. This household brand has delivered high-quality and environment-friendly household products for over ten years, aiming to make our homes as comfortable as possible.
This clever article is available in 6 versions for chairs, futons, sofas, recliners, love seats and oversized sofas. You won’t fall prey to an interior design error as these covers are sold in a diverse array of colours allowing you to pick and choose as you please. Moreover, its aesthetic appeal is enhanced by the elegant quilted texture, tick microfiber and colourfast.
Crafted from a 100% polyester material, it is velvet smooth to sit on top of. It effectively prevents any damage your canine companion will attempt to inflict on it and keep it clean for an extended period. To assist in the installation process, they’ve included elastic straps that are pretty long over the arm to allow the fabric to be tighter. You can easily tuck the two anti-slip foams into the sofa grooves to ensure they don’t shift around.
You don’t even have to put in a lot of effort to maintain this product. It is machine washable, so you have to throw it into the device with a temperature of around 30C of cold water, with a mild laundry detergent, at a gentle cycle. It’ll be brand new in no time.
- Budget-friendly pricing.
- Available in a wide range of materials, sizes, and colours.
- Anti-slip foams prevent sliding.
- Highly durable material.
- Elastic Straps for enhanced grip.
- Reversible cover.
- Soft and comfortable fabric.
- The lightweight 2.73lbs makes it easy to carry back and forth from the laundry.
- Detailed instructions and guidelines were provided.
- Easy to install.
- Reportedly shrinks in the wash.
- Foam insertions are slightly complicated.
- Non-stretch material.
- Not adjustable.
Mambe, located in the Pacific Southwest, has established itself as a highly reputable brand that puts the time and effort into satisfying its customer base. They pride themselves in putting out furniture covers that are very cosy and inviting. These micro-fleece blankets have a 100% waterproof internal membrane, meaning your bathroom accidents by your furry friends, children, or even spills by you are no challenge. Crafted from 90% Polyester and 10% Nylon, you and your pet are guaranteed to sink into a bundle of comfort.
These can be acquired for several furniture articles, including King or Queen sized beds, Sofas, Recliner throws and Twin/Love-seat. The best part is that there’s no sacrifice for its physical look. This fully reversible article is the lifesaver you need when one side becomes too unsightly. You will need to flip it over, and any discrepancy will be covered up. It is available in 4 sizes, and all of these are machine washable in warm water and dried on medium.
- Versatile use.
- 100% Waterproof
- The lightweight of 5.5lbs.
- Exclusively manufactured in the USA.
- Fully reversible.
- No crinkles.
- Resilient protection from any liquid, dirt, and abrasions.
- Durable enough to endure mild to moderate pawing.
- A limited warranty is available.
- Comparatively quite expensive.
- It does not stay in place on the sofa as no connecting element is present.
- Available in fewer colours.
- It is challenging to wash as it requires around two 2-hour dry runs and extra rinses to get the water out.
- Different sides of the blanket may stick to each other after being washed.
- Not valid for pet fur.
If you aim to minimise messiness and damage to your furniture at a relatively economical and low-cost price, then the H.VERSAILTEX Furniture Protector is valuable. You can add this beautifully retouching element to your interior design layout whilst also gaining an extra shield of protection.
Carefully engineered to cater to pet and pet owner needs, they’ve constructed a protector that comprises soft quilted microfiber 100% waterproof. You will no longer have to be wary of stains, spills, pet fur or any other messy accidents as it can bear quite a lot. Available in 7 different versions and five different colours, the manufacturers made sure to consider the desire of homeowners to have multiple options to choose from.
This deluxe piece is forged from silicon rubber anti-slip backing, ensuring that the cover doesn’t mis-align itself and is a more reliable tool than mainstream straps. Furthermore, this premium quilted cover is made from 5 multi-layers of chemical-free and entirely eco-friendly fabric.
- 30-day money-back guarantee and 5-year warranty.
- Silicon rubber puppy paw design.
- Suitable for every type of furniture.
- Stylish and functional.
- Non-slip backing.
- Detailed manual and instruction guidelines provided
- Water and soil-resistant.
- Machine Washable.
- 5-layer construction material.
- Lightweight 1.5lbs, easy to handle.
- Difficult to keep in place.
- Reportedly stiff and bulky.
- Difficult to clean.
Perfectly marrying luxury with comfort, Turquoise is a brand that has invested heavily to produce its Waterproof Dog Couch Cover. They’ve been made to serve six different sizes with four distinct brown, grey, taupe, and stone blue colours. It provides high utility value by guarding against unpleasant occurrences ranging from unruly pets and children, spills and stains from family members and guests and daily accumulation of dirt and dust.
It comes highly recommended for fabric and leather sofa furniture because of its long-lasting strength, high durability, and visibly beautiful craftsmanship. This quilt slipcover has been manufactured with innovative technology that surpasses everyday straps. It has silicon rubber puppy paw print backing, which will secure it firmly onto whatever platform you want, without the fear of it slipping due to your pet.
To keep up with their customers’ busy schedules, they’ve made their product completely machine-friendly, in cold water on a gentle cycle.
- Machine washable.
- Long-lasting and durable.
- Non-slip backing included.
- Informative measuring and usage guide provided.
- Leakage protection was provided.
- Easy to install.
- Produces crunching noise when sat upon.
Ameritex Sofa Cover is a valuable purchase that comes jam-packed with many features tailored specifically to your furnishing demands. The upholstery material has been sourced out of Polyester and can accommodate six different sizes, whilst you can choose happily from an abundance of colour options. You’re getting a double deal with its physical appeal and fully functional use.
Make sure to pay attention to detail. This coverslip contains more highlights to fix it in place firmly. It does so via a silicon rubber puppy paw design compatible with every kind of furniture you can think of. To leave no stone unturned, they’ve incorporated five multi-layers of fabric with a sanitised protective finish. Odours are easily prevented from maintaining a fresh fragrance.
Unlike mainstream competing products, they’ve included two additional storage pockets to slip in any item you want to. The soil and snag-resistant covers are straightforward to maintain because they are machine washable. The mark of a good cover is its ability to be 100% waterproof, and Ameritex doesn’t disappoint with its unique fabric and high-tech components that fight diligently against spills and accidents.
- Machine washable.
- Able to fit onto almost any type of furniture.
- Highly sturdy quilted texture.
- The non-slip backing design is included.
- Enhanced safety and chemical-free.
- 5-layered protection.
- Flaps cover the armrest well.
- Easy installation.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Chemical-free and eco-friendly.
- Pet and child-friendly.
- Lightweight at 4.3lbs, making it easy to carry for washing and drying.
- Storage pocket on both sides.
- Thin material used for the product.
- Pockets are not on both sides, so they are not truly reversible.
- Leather couches might require additional adjustment.
Why use a Waterproof Dog FurnCiture Cover?
A Waterproof Dog Furniture Cover is an essential investment that most clever owners will make as a proactive asset. More often than not, you will parent a four-legged family member who will portray destructive behaviours or have too much energy.
There are infinite reasons why you need a Waterproof Dog Furniture Cover, ranging from avoiding claw scratches, fur, unintentional urination or defecation accidents, etc. This inexpensive mechanism will save you a lot of money, time and effort as they can easily be removed and washed. You won’t need to hire a professional cleaning service, you won’t need to have the whole couch sent in for a cleaning, and you definitely won’t need to replace it any time soon. Apart from the fact that they can also be used to enhance aesthetic appeal due to being designed in a visually pleasing manner, they offer practical benefits:
- Maintains hygiene: Sofas and couches are frequently visited and touched by every member of the family, making it crucial that they are free of dog drool, muddy residue and debris from outdoors that can carry potentially hazardous germs and bacteria, bits and pieces of food crumbs sneaking into the nooks and crevices of the couch, and the fabric should not be contaminated with dog pee. Couch covers will form a defensive barricade against all these problems.
- Prevents scratch marks: A couch cover will prevent erosion for those who own couches fashioned from leather or any other scratch-able material.
- Training tool: You will often observe your dog playing roughly with, nibbling at or straight-up ripping sections of the couch out of boredom or lack of stimulation. Couch covers can be an instrument that will prevent your dogs from chewing on any sofa part.
- Fur-protection: One of the most common complaints dog owners have is the massive amount of hair their pets shed, which eventually destroys the visual beauty of your couch as the fur sticks. Removable couch covers mean the fur sticks to the cover and can be disposed of without the couch being affected.
- Convenience: Instead of having to vacuum and Febreze your couch repeatedly to keep hair and odour at bay, a couch cover slips off and on with little labour required.
Best Waterproof Dog Furniture Covers Buying Guide
With the ever-expanding canine product industry, it can be seen very ruff trying to pinpoint just the correct type of dog cover to buy. You will come across a variety of products that aren’t very long-lasting and functional, which is why you need to take into consideration several factors before making the final purchase:
- Compatibility with room and décor: You need to choose a cover that matches the room and couch in your home, or else you won’t use it consistently, and it will look very odd.
- Size: This is a crucial element to look into, so before going out and buying your dog cover, you will first need to measure the size of your sofa, chair or whatever furniture article to determine what size you will have to buy. The wrong size will end up being a nuisance rather than alleviating your worries, as a bad fit will not be able to protect your furniture adequately.
- Cost: Your budget is the determinant that will dictate what to buy. However, a little flexibility is recommended as the cheapest option is usually the least useful. Waterproof designs and heavy-weight materials are generally more expensive than other options.
- Straps: Considering a dog couch cover with or without straps depends on your preference. Most find them unattractive and on your couch’s material, i.e. if it is made from a slippery material, it will require additional grip.
- Durability: Material durability may seem an obvious thing to look out for. However, it is an essential consideration because there’s a massive difference between the claws of a small dog or puppy vs a giant dog like a Great Dane. Although declawing is a viable solution, if you want your dog to join you on the couch and the sofa to withstand its sharp nails, you need the most challenging material available.
- Colour coordination: High-shedding breeds like Siberian husky shed a lot of their fur, and it’ll be competent to buy a cover that matches your dog’s fur to reduce the visibility of the shed fur.
- Machine washable: Avoid cheap and flimsy couch covers that cannot withstand being washed in a machine. This item will require frequent visits to the laundry room, so if it’s not going to be able to stay up to par, you’ll just be wasting your money. Handwashing protective covers of this size is challenging.
- Reversible covers: These are backup options that offer double the value in the form of two different colour and pattern options if one side becomes irreversibly damaged.
- Fabric type: At the end of the day, you and your pup will want a comfortable couch to plop down on. So try to find water-resistant, waterproof stain resistant, odour resistant and machine washable fabrics.
- Material: The best materials for couch covers include leather, suede, microfiber, denim, nylon, and Polyester. These usually are more comfortable and will last much longer. Synthetic fabrics resist stains and fade better and tend to be more durable than natural fibres like cotton, silk, wool, etc.
Ultimately, sofas are among the most valuable investments in your living spaces. A waterproof dog sofa protector is a fantastic way to keep your sofa completely protected whilst at the same time you can upgrade its overall look. Suppose you are afraid of your sofas getting ravaged by pets, being stained by food and spillage, or just being susceptible to inevitable wear down. In that case, a sofa protector for dogs is a perfect way to extend its lifetime and usability.
Most pet caretakers are well aware that their dogs will have accidents from time to time and leave a wet trail somewhere for you to deal with. It makes it very challenging for you when they do it on furniture as the bed and rugs must be cleaned, but doing so requires a lot of exertion. You don’t have to worry about constantly cleaning up after your adored buddy because the waterproof pet furniture covers are readily available and come to your rescue. They come with beautiful features that will boost the lifespan of your sofas and save you extra costs in the long run.
A value-for-money couch cover will be comfortable and able to tolerate day-to-day usage. Still, it should also save you a colossal amount of time and money by acting as an easy-to-maintain safeguard. No matter which one you pick, always look for heavy-duty material yet soft and adequately measure your couch before ordering to guarantee the snuggest fit.
The five products we’ve reviewed above have proven their worth in product durability, quality, and usefulness. So if you ever need a consultation, browse through the above options.
Washing Tip: As the washing cycle is finished, use two spin bikes. Doing that will help in eliminating extra water before putting it in the dryer on the low heat option.